Shabbat Morning Service + Talmud Class
Time & location
About the event
Please join us for our Shabbat morning service at our new community centre on Upper Street. The morning starts with a Talmud class, followed by prayers and lechaim. Membership is not required and everyone is welcome.
RSVP is essential. The event has no fee attached, however please consider making a donation to help us continue hosting these events on Upper Street.
If you would like to sponsor a Kiddush or have a prayer said in memory of someone, please contact us.
About Talmud class:
A mitzvah that is both widely observed and very demanding, Shabbat is the focal point of the Jewish week. To properly keep Shabbat, one must have an understanding of the various laws and customs associated with the holy day. In this new course, use visual aids to illuminate intricate legal analyses and legal derivations from the Talmud, shedding light into the mystery of Shabbat and its source in Biblical passages.
This course focuses on the melachot as studied and examined by the Talmud. A unique biblical verse is explored for all the implications that derive from it. The lay out and structure of this course are significantly improved over the earlier courses.
- Please read our document 'COVID-19 - Safe Attendance'.
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic the numbers are strictly limited and booking is essential. Please let us know if you cannot make it, so we can offer the spot to someone else.
- Face coverings must always be worn when in the venue. Face coverings will not be provided and are a condition of entry
Those who must not attend
- Those who have any symptoms of COVID-19 or who are sharing a house with people with
- symptoms of COVID-19, or have been in contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the last fourteen days
- Those who have been asked to self-isolate by the government’s Track and Trace Programme
- Those in quarantine having travelled recently to a country without an air bridge
This service will take place in a pop-up space in Angel, which needs to be adapted for our use and made COVID-safe. We would appreciate top-up donations from the community to help us make it happen.
- RSVP + donation£18£180£0